Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Pelosi calls Ocasio-Cortez's 'new deal' climate plan a 'green dream'

On Sun, 10 Feb 2019 18:49:41 -0700, rbowman
wrote:

On 02/10/2019 01:57 PM, wrote:
I was pretty much just using my PC-1 (First day ship 5150)
as a word processor and some very rudimentary games and later a
Prodigy terminal until someone gave me dBase 3 and I found the
language book. At that point I became productive.

I've never had much use for a word processor. Unlike the famous line
from 'Quigley Down Under' just because I don't have use for one doesn't
mean I can use one either. Word or LibreOffice and I have a long,
unfriendly history. If I can't do it in gVim is doesn't get done.

That said, WordStar was bundled with the Osborne I so I used it as a
programming editor. When I finally transitioned to a PC, I bought Brief.
Borland bought and killed it but it's still around as Brief
compatibility in other editors.

I've never had a personal use for a database. I've worked with most of
them, DB2, SQL Server, PostGres, MySQL, MongoDB, and so forth but I've
never had the urge to create a database of my books, cd's, or whatever.

IBM had a very powerful text editor that was my word processor (CE3).
There are still things you can do with it that you can't do with any
Windoze product I have seen. They all seem to be row oriented and CE3
let you work with columns. That is handy if you are working with
indexes or lists. You can pick up a column and drop it somewhere else
without bothering the rest of the stuff on that row. (add or delete
rows etc)
Word pad is fine for about 99% of anything I am writing although I
still edit HTML with Notepad sometime