Posted to alt.home.repair
rbowman rbowman is offline

Default Pelosi calls Ocasio-Cortez's 'new deal' climate plan a 'greendream'

On 02/10/2019 02:18 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

I do use Quicken though. It really does make banking easier and more
accurate than the old checkbook.

I don't recall ever balancing a checkbook in my life... I put money in,
I write checks, they don't bounce, end of story. Most recurring charges
are on autopay so I don't even write that many checks anymore. I keep
the CostCo credit card on paper since the bill comes at the end of the
month and I use it to jog my memory if there's anything else I should be
paying.

My banking used to happen this time of the year when I'd stop by to do
an IRA contribution but I can't even do that anymore.

The power company includes the monthly usage summary for the last year
with every bill. This winter was better than last winter but this
frigging month is going to put paid to that. I was going to take a walk
in the woods this afternoon, started the car, warmed it up, and made it
a mile and a half before saying 'Screw this! It's 6 degrees out there.'
and turning around. I'm getting pussified in my old age.