Posted to alt.home.repair
rbowman rbowman is offline

Default Pelosi calls Ocasio-Cortez's 'new deal' climate plan a 'greendream'

On 02/10/2019 01:57 PM, wrote:
I was pretty much just using my PC-1 (First day ship 5150)
as a word processor and some very rudimentary games and later a
Prodigy terminal until someone gave me dBase 3 and I found the
language book. At that point I became productive.

I've never had much use for a word processor. Unlike the famous line
from 'Quigley Down Under' just because I don't have use for one doesn't
mean I can use one either. Word or LibreOffice and I have a long,
unfriendly history. If I can't do it in gVim is doesn't get done.

That said, WordStar was bundled with the Osborne I so I used it as a
programming editor. When I finally transitioned to a PC, I bought Brief.
Borland bought and killed it but it's still around as Brief
compatibility in other editors.

I've never had a personal use for a database. I've worked with most of
them, DB2, SQL Server, PostGres, MySQL, MongoDB, and so forth but I've
never had the urge to create a database of my books, cd's, or whatever.