Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Another Smart meter grumble

On Sun, 10 Feb 2019 18:42:53 GMT, Harry Bloomfield wrote:

This is how my "Current Cost" useage monitor works ...

Are you saying this is something you have actually managed to do, or
are proposing a way to do it?

That is how my "Current Cost" energy monitor works and has done since
Jan 2013. It's a proposal for how the data could be made available
from the display unit of a Smart Meter, with compromising the
security of the meter or the users LAN. But I'd be very surprised if
such a feature appeared the Great Unwashed will be happy with their
suppliers web thing and 30 min intervals.

Have you actually managed to tap into the remote display unit of an
ordinary smart meter?

No, don't need to. Already have the fuctionality and logging down to
1 minute intervals.

--
Cheers
Dave.