Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Best kitchen floor surfaces?

On 2/10/2019 3:00 PM, Clare Snyder wrote:
On Sun, 10 Feb 2019 09:44:25 -0800 (PST), Davej
wrote:

My house has some sort of modern tongue-in-groove plank-style
wooden floor throughout the entryways, breakfast area, and
kitchen, installed over the plywood sub-floor. I like the fact
that wood is a comfortable surface for bare feet, but don't
like the fact that every spill of water can be a problem and
every dropped utensil can create another dent or gouge. Any
suggestions?

Solid premium vinyl

Â* Armstrong used to have (and may still) a solid vinyl line that was
really tough . Bitch to install too , had to warm it up to cut it .
We're undecided whether to carry the (solid 3/4" prefinished
oak)hardwood into the "wet" areas . I planned on ceramic or porcelain
tile in the bathrooms and kitchen work area , but she kinda likes the
idea of it all being hardwood .

--
Snag
Yes , I'm old