Posted to rec.woodworking
Sonny Sonny is offline

Default OT - Help with chainsaw.... Plus

My guess is that it's a tiny split in the fuel line:
https://www.diyspareparts.com/parts/...7b00-4c59-a545
Very comman issue w/Stihl
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjQouxSr1n8

Since the saw is new, I haven't suspected the fuel line is bad. Last night I did blow it out from the carb toward the tank, removing the fuel filter first.

Today I gave the carb a shot of cleaner. I had cleaned it with straight gas, yesterday, but that didn't help, so not sure the carb cleaner was the fix.

The saw seems to be working fine, now. I'm suspecting it was debris in the fuel line. I only ran it for 30 seconds, so a true test will come with longer use. I'm headed back to the barn work, today.

Thanks everyone.

Sonny