Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default British General 13A RCD Fused Spur White (8250P): Puzzle

In article ,
Maurice wrote:
On Fri, 08 Feb 2019 15:01:09 +0000, Mike Clarke wrote:

And run the risk of doing exactly the same damage to the new fuse
carrier again.

My thought also.

Many of these plasticy bits are designed to snap in once
and not come out again without being destroyed - unless the whole unit
is dismantled

Well, I've just taken another look. The unit has a front panel, which
appears to be mounted onto the rear base that contains the cabling
connection.
The fuse-holder seems to be within the front panel, so I'm conjecturing
that if the front panel was taken off and replaced by the equivalent
front
panel of a new identical unit, then that could restore the status quo
without
having to mess with cable connections.

Can I ask why you have an RCD - rather than just a switched FCU - feeding
a light?

--
*Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.