Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Tree removal

On Sat, 9 Feb 2019 16:10:20 -0500, Ralph Mowery
wrote:

In article ,
says...

Most of those just involve taking too big a bite. When the guys took
out a tree for me they cut it up in pieces right up there in the tree.
The guy said he had to cut it up anyway so why take a chance with a
piece too big to handle. Pretty much every piece was cut off and
lowered on a rope. It still went fast and by the time he was working
on the trunk, the rest of it was packed up in his truck and trailer by
the helper.

I had a Bradford pear tree that was about 50 feet tall next to the
house cut down this summer. Three men came out in a bucket truck and
the man in the bucket went up and cut down most of the tree. The 2 men
on the ground put the limbs in a chipper and blew it into a compartment
on the bucket truck. The larger limbs were laid on the ground and
something like one of the small bulldozers or bobcats loaded the larger
ones on another truck. No damage to the house and not too much to the
ground. In about 2 hours they were finished.

I don't know how they will burn, but I did have them save a few limbs
that were about 3 to 5 inches in diameter and cut to about 2 feet long
to save for fire wood. I would have saved more of it,but did not have a
good place to put more out of the weather and off the ground.

I rented an articulated lift and took down half of a big a big fucus
tree behind the house. It was fairly tight to the shed so I took it
down in small chunks for the most part. I had to stop because I had
filled a 30 yard dumpster. After Irma took about half the rest I knew
FEMA was coming so I took down all of it. This time it was all leaning
away from anything I cared about so I just dropped the whole thing,
cut it up and dragged the logs around behind my truck.
.. http://gfretwell.com/ftp/fichus%20down.jpg
http://gfretwell.com/ftp/fichus%20killer.jpg