Posted to alt.home.repair

Default In general, what temperature do you keep your house living areasat during the winter?

On 2/9/2019 2:08 PM, rbowman wrote:
On 02/08/2019 10:19 PM, Terry Coombs wrote:
Â* Between 65° and 70° depending on activity level . Hard to maintain an
exact temp , we heat with a wood stove . Night time we turn the stove
down , average between 60° and 65° .

The last time I had a wood stove the bed was in an open loft. There's
an incredibly poor idea, picturesque though. The outhouse only had
three walls and a great view of the valley as you did your thing. At 5
below.

The woman I rented it from lived in town in the winter. That should
have made me suspicious.

Â* The way our house is laid out the living room and dining room/kitchen
is basically one big room . The bedroom has a 3' doorway and a 16" x 24"
opening (had a window AC in it when that was an outside wall)in the
corner nearest the stove - the hole is right above the stove . A fan in
the hole sucks from the bedroom and blows the air across the stove then
throughout the rest of the house . Bedroom stays a little cooler than
the rest of the house which is fine . Ceiling fans keep the warm air
from stagnating at the ceiling .

--
Snag
Yes , I'm old