Posted to alt.home.repair
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default Pelosi calls Ocasio-Cortez's 'new deal' climate plan a 'green dream'

In article ,
says...

Bill Gates bought DOS from Digital Research without telling them about
the IBM deal and most of his "innovation" since then was also from
simply buying a better package from a competitor.
His biggest stroke of luck was that IBM had just fended off the DoJ
anti trust suit that had gone on for a decade and IBM was not in a
position to buy DOS from him outright and start that process all over
again.

Gates did not buy DOS from DR. They were compeating companies. DR sold
their system for about $ 150 or $ 250 and MS for $ 49.
People went to the less expensive system.

Gates bought the operating system from another company and licensed the
use to IBM. It was a very smart move for MS. They do not really sell
their products, but license the use of them.

I have not kept up with it but I am thinking that now they have an even
better way of keeping making money. Their Office 365 (or what ever it
is called now ) has to be renewed every year. For most home users, a
very eirly version of Office is all that is needed.

I would not have a Windows 10 computer except that Turobo tax quit
running under Windows XP. I do not use the operating system except to
load in programs I want to run. I cold care less about all the things
Win 10 is suppose to do vers XP.