Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Pelosi calls Ocasio-Cortez's 'new deal' climate plan a 'green dream'

On Sat, 9 Feb 2019 04:48:52 -0800 (PST), trader_4
wrote:

On Friday, February 8, 2019 at 6:24:43 PM UTC-5, Ralph Mowery wrote:
In article ,
says...

The money some CEOs make is the symptom of a much larger problem.
There are far fewer companies controlling far larger portions of the
marketplace. Perhaps a better measure of CEO pay would be the company
gross and market share.
People who control monopolies tend to make a lot of money. We haven't
really tried to do anything about monopolies since the Nixon
administration.

There are no current monopolys, just some very successful operations.

It is not a true monopoly, but Microsoft and the Windows is very close
to it for the desk top computers.

That is true.

The other two are the Medical profession and lawyers.

That's totally false. There are all millions of all kinds of medical
professionals and lawyers in the market, that are competitors.

I found out that when I sold a house and bought another one for cash
that I had to have a lawyer do some of the paper work. By Law I could
not do it myself even if I knew how.

But you could choose any lawyer within the state, you could shop around.
It's like auto insurance being mandatory. That doesn't make it a monopoly.
For it to be a monopoly there would have to be only one insurance company.

I can not just go to a drug store and get even simple perscription
medicine with out the doctor's paper work.

Also irrelevant to what constitutes a monopoly.

Those are examples of restraint of trade more than monopoly.
Doctors and lawyers have coerced the government to require people to
use their services. There is no real guarantee their work is better
than anyone else's only that they have learned the magic handshake and
that they have obtained a license from the government.
Doctors, lawyers and insurance companies are a financial perpetual
motion machine that lays a massive tax on everything you do and
everything you buy.
It is no coincidence that about half of the money in politics comes
from these 3 sectors. (mostly to democrats)