Posted to alt.home.repair

Default In general, what temperature do you keep your house living areasat during the winter?

On 2/9/2019 9:03 AM, wrote:

We're working toward that. We used to set it at 70 F. I'm surprised
how much difference one degree makes.

Cindy Hamilton

Oh yes, it does. We had hydronic heat in the last house and it would
hold very well at whatever it was set at. The reading on the thermostat
thermometer never varied from the setting. Occasionally if we felt cool
I'd bump it one degree and life was good again.

New house has hot air with a heat pump. It does not hold as accurately
and I can feel the difference from start to finish on a cycle. I've
been making little adjustments to the vents for better balance.