Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default 12V circuit breaker - polarity sensitive?

In article ,
Bob Eager wrote:
On Fri, 08 Feb 2019 20:01:37 +0000, Andy Burns wrote:

Paddy Dzell wrote:

I have a hybrid car and the 12V battery is under the boot floor, which
is awkward to get to if I ever need to jump start the car

I have a normal* car, with the 12V battery under the boot floor, but it
has + and - terminals in the engine compartment in case I ever need to
jump start the car (or someone else's).

It was always a real pain jump starting a Mini...

Assuming the battery had enough left for the ignition, simply jack up one
front wheel, put it in top gear, and spin the wheel by hand. Worked a
treat.

--
*Eschew obfuscation *

Dave Plowman London SW