Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default Fridge thermostat repair

Yes if you can ascertain what the changes in the signal are from the device,
and measure it, then you know the pot is OK my guess is that the actual
electronics is faulty, for whatever reason, It could even be a connection to
and from the control or sensor, but you need to find the board and see if
its something you can replace. Sods law will dictate its in the most
inaccessible place possible.
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Thomas Prufer" wrote in message
On Sat, 09 Feb 2019 06:12:40 GMT, Kit Jackson
wrote:

The adjustment knob connects to a 1K
potentiometer that is working fine. Tucked behind the cooling plate are 3
sensors of some sort. One black one about 20 mm long. Is this the
thermocouple?

Yes, the sensor, but NTC or so, and not a thermocopuple.

The other 2 are discs about 10 mm diameter. I thought at
the start that they might be magnetic designed to stick to the back of
the cooling plate but they aren't magnetic.

3M gel connectors: all the do is connect and seal out water.

Has anybody any idea what
might be wrong. How can I test these components? What are they?

The other bits look like the connectors to the light bulb.

The interesting parts are elsewhere... probably in back.

Thomas Prufer