Posted to uk.d-i-y
Thomas Prufer Thomas Prufer is offline

Default Fridge thermostat repair

On Sat, 09 Feb 2019 06:12:40 GMT, Kit Jackson wrote:

The adjustment knob connects to a 1K
potentiometer that is working fine. Tucked behind the cooling plate are 3
sensors of some sort. One black one about 20 mm long. Is this the
thermocouple?

Yes, the sensor, but NTC or so, and not a thermocopuple.

The other 2 are discs about 10 mm diameter. I thought at
the start that they might be magnetic designed to stick to the back of
the cooling plate but they aren't magnetic.

3M gel connectors: all the do is connect and seal out water.

Has anybody any idea what
might be wrong. How can I test these components? What are they?

The other bits look like the connectors to the light bulb.

The interesting parts are elsewhere... probably in back.

Thomas Prufer