Posted to alt.home.repair

Default In general, what temperature do you keep your house living areasat during the winter?

On 2/8/2019 9:54 PM, arlen holder wrote:
In general, what temperature do you keep your house living areas at during
the winter?

I was at a friend's house which was set to 54 degrees F (12 C) which is
basically ambient inside temperature for the winter here in California.

He told me that he likes to keep it a bit cool, when I started wondering
what others keep their houses at.

Just by way of a quick survey, what temperature do you normally keep your
living areas at during the active times of the day when people are up and
about?

When I lived in CT, daytime was 70 first thing in the morning but would
drop to 68 at 10 AM when you were active. At 10 PM it would drop to 64
for sleeping.

Here in FL on cooler nights it will drop to 70 with no heat on. It will
go to 73 but if it warms more the AC will kick on to keep it at 73.
We've not been here in the summer so I don't know yet how the days will
be when 90 and humid outside. The AC will run until we are comfortable.