Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andrew[_22_] Andrew[_22_] is offline

Default flu not flue ....

Anyone had flu this year after having the flue jab? I did have flue last
year, so decided to have the jab this time round.

I didn't bother with a flu jab, but had to go to funeral up in
Cumbria last week. Always a bad time to travel public transport,
and lo-and-behold, half way through the 2.5 hour Euston to
Lancaster leg a bloke on the other side of the carrige had
a massive coughing, spluttering episode for at least 15 minutes.

Too late for me to move and avoid him.

Exactly one week later I had a similar episode, with a bit
of shivering for about a couple of hours, so I'm not sure if this
was actual flu or just a bloody awful cold. I was hot and sweaty
for the next three days with a nasty headache and feeling of
nausea.

I think I will buy one of those face masks that LOndon cyclists
wear, if I have to make a journey like that again during the flu
season.