Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Joining TV coax

On Fri, 8 Feb 2019 13:31:32 +0000, Ian Jackson wrote:

[As the cable is still slightly greasy, it's sometimes a bit difficult
to get the SA tape 'started'.] I've had connections that, 30 years
later, have been just as shiny as the day I made them (no sign even of
tarnishing, let alone water ingress).

Can't think that the WD40 does much apart from making it harder to
start the SA tape. Had joints wrapped in SA tape outside for about 15
years without WD40 and like yours as bright and as clean as they day
they were wrapped.

--
Cheers
Dave.