Russell

Default Please help: Sunroom Flooring Recommendation, weird situation

Paul,

Found your reply on Google; my newsreader - well, it didn't get it. I
only download 500 at a time and must have missed it. Sorry.

Thanks for your response. Sheet vinyl isn't under consideration, for
reasons of aesthetics. We don't quite want the mud-room look, even if it
is practical.

Seems like we might be OK wood-swelling-wise with a good vapor barrier
like 15# or 30# felt. The current planking subfloor may have some flex,
but it is really well screwed down (2 screws per plank per spanned
joist) and isn't going to move. We may put down plywood just to smooth
it out, but even that may not be entirely necessary.

For better or worse, doors are steel and non-trimmable. We could raise
them but it I think we'll get by.

The laminates - yes, I agree, they are lower maintenance but they just
don't have the look & feel (or value-added). We're going to decide
tonight, so time to consult the spousal unit.

Thanks,
Russell.