Posted to uk.d-i-y
charles charles is offline

Default 12V circuit breaker - polarity sensitive?

In article ,
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
Paddy Dzell wrote:
Google for 'starter motor current'. If a car wont start, I either
put it on charge or just go an buy a new battery using a different
vehicle.

A normal starter motor draws upwards of 300A when cranking the engine
but there's no starter motor in a hybrid and all the 12V battery does
is power the entry/exit system and boots the computers to get the
hybrid system to the READY state, a draw of less than 20A.

How does the IC engine start without a starter motor? it may well be a
combined generator and starter, though.

Like bump starting?

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England