Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Well - done

On 2/7/2019 3:37 PM, Frank wrote:
Installers just left.Â* Drilling and casing yesterday took less than 5
hours.Â* Not sure of depth, maybe 160 ft, but recovery rate is about 25
gpm which is great.

Today we were without water for about 6 hours for installation of pump
trenching and hook up and replacement of old water tank.Â* They have to
come back in good weather to finish raking and grading and straw and I
guess seed.Â* Have yet to see bill.Â* They could not salvage the new pump
that plumber put in.

Cannot drink water until it is tested and can't do that until next week
when chlorine is run out.Â* Digger said just because new well is less
than 50 ft from the old one does not mean water will be the same.Â* I
just hope it does not need treatment.Â* Some neighbors do and a few only
drink bottled water.

Good flow rate. Wells often have advantages if you have good water and
no treatment needed. Before I added filters in my CT house we used to
fill jugs from a friend's well for drinking. So far, the water here has
been good.

Water and sewer will cost about $800 a year. Our sewer rate is much
higher than what we pay for water. Water last month was $18, sewer was
$41. Trash collection was $14 for twice a week pickup.