Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave W[_3_] Dave W[_3_] is offline

Default Rechargable batteries for DECT cordless phones - is there a problem with getting too high a mAhr rating?

On Thu, 07 Feb 2019 19:24:44 +0100, Thomas Prufer
wrote:

On Thu, 07 Feb 2019 17:20:05 +0000, Dave W wrote:

However the battery charge symbol indicated empty when I installed
them, and only showed full when the handset had been on charge. This
makes me think the indicator only shows the calculated value, not the
actual value. So when it shows empty perhaps it's only half empty, but
I haven't tried to find out.

Try leaving the phone off the charger until it's completely empty, and only then
recharge it.

It's in the directions for at least some Gigaset handsets as "first charge"
instructions.

Thomas Prufer

Of course that's the way to do it, but I don't want to, because
"completely empty" means I can't answer it without being liable to be
cut off unexpectedly. When installed the cells were full voltage and
shouldn't have needed charging at all, yet the indicator said empty.
--
Dave W