Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] angelicapaganelli@yahoo.com is offline

Default How many therms (natural gas) do you use per day (per month)?

On Thursday, February 7, 2019 at 1:22:19 PM UTC-5, trader_4 wrote:
On Thursday, February 7, 2019 at 1:14:07 PM UTC-5, Mojave Dan wrote:
replying to Donna Ohl, Grady Volunteer Coo, Mojave Dan wrote:
I am so glade you started this=we are almost 70=live in the mountains=its cold
and we freeze==we have hot water and heater only=no washer no dryer no stove
on gas=and we use little=180. month on low income discount==this therm crap
has to go=we pay to build ports so we can sell natural gas all over the world
and have built many=why congress are you selling are natural gas all over the
world ==that is why we pay high prices==also we are fracking almost
==everywhere=we have so much we can sell it all over the world==2 therms a day
must go==Mojave Dan==much love==

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...th-728493-.htm

The only problem with all of the above is that natural gas is currently
about $2.50, near it's twenty year low, which was ~$1.75 and that was just three
years ago. There have been periods where nat gas has spiked, but this
isn't one of them. In other words, the free market is working.

Just out of curiosity, I looked at my latest gas bill and converted
the CCF that they bill us for to therms. We used about 78 therms
before the weather got really cold. Next month's bill should be
more.

"Therms" is a dopey unit. They meter by volume, and that's what
we are billed for.

Cindy Hamilton