Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default Rechargable batteries for DECT cordless phones - is there a problem with getting too high a mAhr rating?

The other thing is to do away with the charger find a charger that does the
batteries one at a time and keep two sets on the go, one in the phone and
one in the charger.
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Jim K.." wrote in message
o.uk...
"NY" Wrote in message:
The bog standard rechargeable batteries (750 mAhr) in our DECT phones are
starting to lose their ability to hold their charge: they indicate full
charge but the phone cuts out with "low battery" within a few minutes of
being taken off the charging base station, especially if used on
speakerphone.

Is there a problem with replacing them with batteries that can hold more
charge ie 750 mAhr. I presume the phone will still charge them at its
standard rate (though it may take longer to charge them).

I will go for branded (eg Duracell) rechargeable batteries.

I presume that if the original batteries are NiMH, I should go for that
same
technology.

I believe it's because they are always on their pedestals being
(over) charged that the NiMH rechargeable batts die young. I've
just replaced another set in a cordless handset & am not leaving
it on the charging stand, only when it needs a charge...
--
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/