Posted to uk.d-i-y
NY NY is offline

Default Rechargable batteries for DECT cordless phones - is there a problem with getting too high a mAhr rating?

"Jim K.." wrote in message
My Siemens Gigaset x4 have all suffered the OPs ailment.

The BT 8500 set that we have replaces some Gigaset phones which had
horrendous problems with failing to answer when you picked the phone off its
rest and pressed the answer button if it failed to auto-answer, and with
batteries dying with no warning. It was Gigaset support who first tried to
tell me that my problems were due to fitting higher-capacity batteries to
replace the ones that they had supplied (which sounds like fluent ********)
and anyway it ignores the fact that the replacement batteries were only
necessary because the supplied ones were unpredictable.

The BT handsets are fine as long as you don't turn on the speakerphone, then
they drain quickly - I get about 30 mins before I get the dreaded
bleep-bleep followed by cutting off within a few seconds: it is a race to
turn off speakerphone and/or to find another handset. I wish there were more
DECT phones with either bluetooth adaptors or a 3.5 mm jack, so you could
use a headset rather than speakerphone when on a phone call while at a
computer (I do a lot of telephone support for my parents' various computer
problems and for a website that they manage, via Teamviewer).