Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Any Arduino fans in here?

On 07/02/2019 08:22, Brian Gaff wrote:
Oh dear, I can see it now, robot curtain closers or maybe you could reinvent
the teasmade?
Brian

I have one operating a turntable for my model railway, using a motor
shield to drive a stepper motor and an LCD shield with buttons as an
interface - although I may change to an ethernet shield later.

I am planning to use another to drive a digitaly encoded signal to act
as a DCC controller for the locos (DCC++) using another motor shield and
an ethernet shield.

Finally, I may also drive point motors via relay boards, again along
with an ethernet shield.

Initially they will be controlled using a spare PC - probably running JMRI.

In the end the three system will all then be able to be controlled from
handheld units either wired for ethernet or using wi-fi to connect to
the network.

SteveW