Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default Need to Replace Unbranded Remote for Lamp Switch

In alt.home.repair, on Wed, 6 Feb 2019 17:25:46 -0600, "M. L."
wrote:

Remote control model: TX-220, 315MHz
Lamp switches model: SK504
https://amzn.to/2GoNQO1

The CR2032 battery for the remote control lasts less than a month. I
replaced it a with rechargeable Li-on CR2032 battery but changing the
battery is an annoyance because the remote's back must be unscrewed to
access the battery compartment.

Is the a way to train a longer-lasting universal remote to take over the
duties of the original remote? Thanks.

https://www.google.com/search?client...UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

This one says " If a device is not found you can quickly program those
functions with the remote’s intuitive learning capability."
I wonder what that means. Not what I had, I'm pretty sure.
https://www.amazon.com/Inteset-Unive...arning+remotes

This one says it works the way I was describing, and it's only $10.
https://www.amazon.com/Chunghop-Univ...arning+remotes
Maybe it really works. If there is one like this, I'm surprised there
aren't more.

I can't tell if those are 315MHz IR remotes. And both of them seem
designed for multimedia tasks whereas I wanted something simpler to use
as an on/off lamp switch for 2 lamps. Something more like the following
Universal Clone Remote (if its operation meets my needs).
https://ebay.to/2DWwhmT

You didn't say that before.