Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default Need to Replace Unbranded Remote for Lamp Switch

In alt.home.repair, on Wed, 06 Feb 2019 14:30:51 -0500, micky
wrote:

In alt.home.repair, on Wed, 6 Feb 2019 11:38:22 -0600, "M. L."
wrote:

Remote control model: TX-220, 315MHz
Lamp switches model: SK504
https://amzn.to/2GoNQO1

The CR2032 battery for the remote control lasts less than a month. I
replaced it a with rechargeable Li-on CR2032 battery but changing the
battery is an annoyance because the remote's back must be unscrewed to
access the battery compartment.

Is the a way to train a longer-lasting universal remote to take over the
duties of the original remote? Thanks.

I saw, I even had, a remote where you could shine your source remote
into the learning remote and it would learn. I was planning on
combining one or two well known devices with an obscure one that wasn't
listed on any of the instructions that come with remotes. But it
wasn't urgent and by the time I looked for the thing, I couldn't find

And I've looked a little since then and not seen one, but only looked a
bit.

it. I don't remember the brand. But I just used the words you're
looking for, Learning Remote. Well, they should have been but there's a
broad range of use for that term, I see. I'll look some more. I want
one too.

https://www.google.com/search?client...UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

This one says " If a device is not found you can quickly program those
functions with the remote’s intuitive learning capability."
I wonder what that means. Not what I had, I'm pretty sure.
https://www.amazon.com/Inteset-Unive...arning+remotes

This one says it works the way I was describing, and it's only $10.
https://www.amazon.com/Chunghop-Univ...arning+remotes
Maybe it really works. If there is one like this, I'm surprised there
aren't more.