Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim Lamb[_2_] Tim Lamb[_2_] is offline

Default Of taps and tails

In message , PeterC
writes
Looking at various taps atm - might go over to the dark side and have ¼-turn
ones.
Not sure if 2 taps or mixer - depends on the new basin.

Now, so far as I can see, most mixers have flexi tails. I'm rather wary of
pressurised flexis over long periods (that's the reason I go for high-rated
hose for the washing machine).
Are there any things to aware of with flexi tails; also, how are they
attached to the tap? I'm wondering about adapting them to take copper pipe
(10mm?).

I have fitted 1/4 turn mixers which come with tapered copper pipes.

I have also fitted lots of flexi-tails during the cottage refurb and
come to suspect they suffer from poor installation. It is very easy to
put a twist into the flexi while tightening the fixed coupling. Also
some supplied with the tap assembly were only rated at 3 bar!

--
Tim Lamb