Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default water line insurance

On Wednesday, February 6, 2019 at 10:37:15 AM UTC-5, badgolferman wrote:
My *electric* company Dominion offers water line insurance for
$4.95/mo. which supposedly covers water line repairs from the main to
the house. My house was built in 1967. I plan on being there for
another 2-3 years so I subscribed for the insurance, not wanting any
more major expenses on this house before I sell it. My mother had to
have her water line repaired for a 1980 house the year before she sold
it and that cost her around $3500.

Tell me why this was a good idea or a bad idea...

Given the age and that you're only going to be there a few more years,
I'd say hedging by taking the plan is at least an OK idea.