Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Another Track Saw

On Tuesday, February 5, 2019 at 8:53:17 AM UTC-6, -MIKE- wrote:

We all know guys who's only conversations are when they're complaining
about something... heck, we have that type in here.

I do a good job staying away from those folks and their attitudes, but sometimes it gets me. I have three large jobs going on now, two pretty complex.. Actually doing some structure repair and design by leveling an all wood building on one of them. City codes, modern installation techniques and materials, and short delivery times make both a challenge.

I don't have time for idiocy, and have a pretty small tolerance for it. Most of my own guys have been around me for years and know what I want, know when to talk to me, and know when to leave me alone. So when resolving a structural issue to my satisfaction and coming up with a detail for construction, it is more than annoying to have some moron come share their "knowledge" with me. Those guys don't work for me, but are on the job because the owner wanted to them. Silly as it may sound, I am not not used to, nor do I invite conversation on the job. And when it is someone that is not on my team, I would prefer that they keep to themselves.

I have a nasty, profane and smart mouth, I today I able to get those two meatheads to understand I don't care about them, their opinions, or how they feel about their day. I was really surprised and go a chuckle out of the result all day; they went to their boss and told them I was mean and rude. Guys that age whining... what a world.

Robert