Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Kitchen lighting

"ARW" wrote in message
On 05/02/2019 21:17, Steve Walker wrote:
On 05/02/2019 20:39, R D S wrote:
On 31/01/2019 21:24, ARW wrote:
On 31/01/2019 21:03, R D S wrote:
We've a small kitchen in an extension, approx 3x2m, it's about to be
gutted and we're looking at lighting options.

I'd stick a 5 foot LED striplight in it but that's not going to get
past managaement,she's talking about spots.

I'm not a fan of spotlights, i've never felt like they fill an area
with light. Am I wrong, are some better than others?

General lighting opinions appreciated.

Under cupboard and above cupboard LED strips are must theses days to
the obligatory spot lights.

Would one tend to wire them into the lighting? Or stick them on a plug?

As ours were added later, they are on a fused spur added next to a socket
on the kitchen ring. If I'd planned for them years earlier, they'd have
been on the lighting and with two or three gang switch at the kitchen
doorways.

On the lighting circuit.

With a 6 gang light switch if needs must.

Prefer the Hue system which allows the lights
to be completely automatic using a movement
sensor and you welcome to have different lighting
arrangements based on time of day etc too.

And to have any switches you like anywhere with no
wires to the switches at all if you still need switches.