Posted to sci.electronics.repair
arlen holder arlen holder is offline

Default Engine run time to keep battery charged

On Mon, 4 Feb 2019 21:53:08 -0800 (PST), wrote:

Best answer so far.
100A would only be delivered to a flat battery, it'll charge much slower than that.
There's also the parasitic loads to make up for, the electronics that eats power when the vehicle is off and on.

You're better off testing battery voltage and not doing anything until it drops enough to warrant charging. Leads acids don't like sitting even half discharged, keep it near full.

Since you are a logical sentient adult, you speak on-topic wisdom.
o I agree to everything you said, where I basically said the same thing.

To _directly_ answer the OP's question, we only need to replace Coulombs
o However, there is _more_ to "maintaining" the battery status than just that.

We agree.
o Adults easily agree on such things simply because they are related facts.