Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Number of mains sockets behind a TV?

On 05/02/2019 19:53, Tricky Dicky wrote:
I put in three double sockets and currently only have one socket free which will eventually be used when I can afford a sound bar. To make the row of sockets as compact as possible I arranged the back boxes so that the front plates fitted side by side. To achieve this I riveted the sockets onto two strips of metal with 14mm between them and mounted the whole lot as one unit this ensured easy levelling and accurate spacing.

Richard

Stereo has its own socket, with strip extension fixed to the back of the
stand.

TV/Blue-ray/Freeview/Satellite/Firestick/Soundbar/local Ethernet switch,
use another strip within the TV stand. That means only one power lead,
one antenna lead, three satellite cables and one ethernet cable to the
unit, allowing it to be wheeled far enough to clean behind or access the
back of the TV. Individual power leads would make it too unwieldy.

It also means that I can swap the lot to the other end of the room if
required - as has been done a couple of times when we decided to
rearrange the room - although that does mean losing one satellite
connection, which isn't really necessary anyway.

SteveW