Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default W10 laptop freezing.

Chris Bartram expressed precisely :
Pretty much all versions do. I would run a memory test, personally.

https://www.memtest.org/

I have used that before, but not this time...

I made up the USB bootable version, then found I was unable to get into
the BIOS to set it to first boot USB, due to the password. I eventually
hacked in, then it only had USB HDD, USB CD, USB HDD and none of them
worked with the USB thumb drive.

So I decided to try W10's Administrative Tools Windows Memory Test.
That froze at 21% on the extended test or at least it sat at 21% for an
extremely long time, but still responded to Esc..

I will try it again a bit later. Still no freezes in normal use.