Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andrew Mawson[_2_] Andrew Mawson[_2_] is offline

Default 8U 19" Rack table top cabinet wanted

"Roger Hayter" wrote in message

Andrew Mawson wrote:

"Bill Wright" wrote in message ...

On 04/02/2019 15:30, Andrew Mawson wrote:
Not quite DIY but lots of technical people on this forum.

I'm looking for a table top 19" cabinet with '8U' of height = 14"
(I'm
adding an RA137A L/F converter to my RA17 communications receiver so
need a bigger cabinet) so if anyone has one or knowns of one I'd like
hear from you Andrew

I've got a glass fronted one but that's no good is it? It's about two
foot
high.

Bill

I wouldn't rule it out - how deep is it front to back? The RA17 is 21"
front
to back and weighs 67 lbs

Andrew

I wanted one so much when they first came out! I expect they are not
cheap now, even though they are no longer the best possible.

Their performance still compares very well with 'modern' equipment in terms
of selectivity, signal to noise ratio etc IF the various components that
degrade are replaced. Mine was made in 1957 and is currently on it's second
round of replacement of capacitors, last done in the 1970's. It's also
having all it's carbon resistors replaced which results in lower noise
figures than when originally made The Wadley Loop relies on accurately
adjusted and aligned band pass filters, the setting of which requires test
equipment that I no longer have, so I've 'outsourced' the job this time

Andrew