Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Washing machine (further domestic woes)

On 05/02/19 10:32, Scott wrote:
My washing machine is too heavy for me to move (alternatively, I am a
nine stone weakling). It is not level. The problem seems to be at
the back. Are the rear feet adjustable or just the ones at the front?

The problem is it that the contractors between the lot of them - and
blaming each other - omitted to level the floor. Rather than spend
time arguing on the phone, I would prefer to get an idea of what is
needed so I can just get a mate to help me fix the problem for a
curry.

(Yes, this is the same utility room with the Schuko socket and
questionable method of installation, now resolved.)

I had a problem with a washing machine which was uneven because holes
had been worn in the lino and even the floorboards under the work
surface where the WM feet were. I cut a couple of pieces of 2mm thick
20 x 20 mm right-angle aluminium slightly longer than the gap between
the front and back feet. Somehow, and I can't remember how, I pulled the
back of the machine up a few mm, and my wife slid the aluminium under
the back foot on each side. I then let the WM down, and lifted the
front, and pivoted the angle so that it now also fitted under the front
feet. The feet could then be adjusted to keep the machine level, and the
aluminium was strong enough to keep it level.

This may not be of any use, depending on whether of not you are able to
lift the washing machine those few mm, and if there is room at the side
to slide in the aluminium.

--

Jeff