Posted to uk.d-i-y
Terry Casey Terry Casey is offline

Default 8U 19" Rack table top cabinet wanted

In article ,
says...

Not quite DIY but lots of technical people on this forum.

I'm looking for a table top 19" cabinet with '8U' of height = 14" (I'm
adding an RA137A L/F converter to my RA17 communications receiver so need a
bigger cabinet) so if anyone has one or knowns of one I'd like to hear from
you

Andrew

I recall reading an article somewhere - almost certainly
online - where somebody found that an Ikea table had legs
exactly the right distance apart for a 19" rack conversion!

Oh, yes - googling ikea 19" rack brings up lots of suggestions
using Lack and Rast tables. The Rast needs the addition of
metal 19" rack mounting frames but the Lack can be used from
the instant you put it together! See:

https://tinyurl.com/ikea19-rack

or

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/elec...c-instruments-
and-electronic-music-production/1203354-diy-19-quot-rack-ikea-
lack-table.html

Note the double height version - this chap shows how it was
done!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STYolyA7j3E
--

Terry