Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank[_24_] Frank[_24_] is offline

Default Maytag Neptune lawsuit - OPINIONS PLEASE?!

On 2/4/2019 8:12 AM, Art Todesco wrote:
On 2/4/2019 5:54 AM, devnull wrote:
On 2/4/19 1:23 AM, micky wrote:
In alt.home.repair, on Sun, 3 Feb 2019 09:05:56 -0800 (PST), trader_4
wrote:

On Sunday, February 3, 2019 at 11:44:07 AM UTC-5, Bonniesilveria wrote:
replying to jdworley, Bonniesilveria wrote:
My maytag wash machine won't spin or drain n the door wont latch.
Been going
on for 2 yrs off on. Smells moldy too

--
for full context, visit
https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...it-553928-.htm

I'd start with the door latch problem.Â* They have an interlock switch
and it's not going to do much when it thinks the door is open.Â* If it
closes completely but won't latch, did you try getting it to drain/spin
while firmly holding the door closed?Â* Moldy smell is usually from the
door gaskets, where water remains in the folds and does not dry out.

Aha.Â* Another advantage of top-loaders.Â* No gaskets with folds.

I have a 5-year-old Whirlpool Duet front-loader with steam/sanitize
cycle, no mold smell.

I replaced my 2 year old front loader (GE) with a top loader and
couldn't be happier.

I would not buy a front loader and got a Maytag top loader several years
ago. Never liked the idea of a front loader having to rely on seals
holding up. Like myself, everything that gets old, gets leaky