Michael Baugh

Default Shower too far from Water Heater; should I install an autocirc...

Might consider going to a quarter inch pipe with no abrupt angles, with one
per hot-water-using faucet. Takes a lot less time to clear the colder water
out of it. That's the way I did it in the country where we were operating
off a cistern.
Consider how much opening the faucet orifice has. A lot less expense to try
the 1/4" pipe to a point close to the fixture.

Robert Rushing wrote in message
Recirclator pumps waist alot of energy
keeping pipes hot.

What about putting the recirlator pump on a timer. Turn it let it run

15min
have hot water. Use less pump time and less heat loss.

Robert