Posted to uk.d-i-y
Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp[_4_] Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp[_4_] is offline

Default Best self-assembly electronics kits for beginners?

On Sun, 3 Feb 2019 20:56:46 -0800 (PST), wrote:

On Sunday, 3 February 2019 09:58:11 UTC, Tim+ wrote:
Having watched too many Big Clive videos I decided to have a go at a simple
digital clock kit from eBay.

The result was fairly decent and I enjoyed all the soldering so I’m keen to
have a go at a few more cheap kits for soldering practice.

Of course these kits aren’t actually teaching me anything (other than
soldering skills) and I’d like to progress to understanding a bit more
about the design and function of components/circuits.

So, any recommendations for basic and more advanced kits that won’t break
the bank? At the moment looking at a cheap Tesla coil kit on eBay.

Tim

Small Tesla coils are useful if you can adjust the output power.

?????

Go on, what the hell would you want to limit the wallymitts for,
mobile phone charging?

Unless you are setting up in a sauna, I was of the impression that the
main practical use of Tesla coils was to impress the youtube
fraternity without the expense of "lighting the blue touch paper".

AB