Posted to rec.woodworking
whit3rd whit3rd is offline

Default Another Track Saw

On Sunday, February 3, 2019 at 1:14:09 PM UTC-8, Leon wrote:

Well I was going to argue the point. LOL. I paid $387.00 for my
Festool TS-75 track saw in 2009. I had to look it up.

Whoa! Not a good hobbyist price. I made a wooden
sled that my skilsaw could be clamped into, and (using a table saw) made
a few straight edge sections of plywood, with hardboard ribs to engage the
sled to the track; maybe $40 total, including the saw.

Only hard part of the project was planing the dovetailed
sled to get it flat before fitting the sole plate. It
works well, despite looking rather clumsy.