Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mark Mark is offline

Default Best self-assembly electronics kits for beginners?

Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp wrote:

On Sun, 3 Feb 2019 17:19:27 -0000, "Mark" wrote:

"Tim+" wrote in message

Of course these kits arent actually teaching me anything

I started off with books from Babani press 50 circuits using
transistors -zener diodes- 741 - 555ic timers etc
in fact the burglar alarm on the workshop is still going and made in the 70s
from the books

On the same battery no doubt?

The current through anything made from Babani books must be quite low
:-)

I too relied on those, but some time later when I went into industrial
electronics, I found that manufacturers application notes were far
better and well subsidised too. They had all manner of circuits

well yes but in the 70s no access to them or an internet
and the Babani books explained how and why the components and circuit worked
all very simple stuff but invaluable start to electronics
the first thing I ever built was a intermittent windscreen wiper control for an Austin Cambridge ;(

-