Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Another Track Saw

On 2/2/2019 11:30 AM, wrote:
On Sat, 2 Feb 2019 10:54:39 -0600, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote:

Looks like Kreg is getting into the Track Saw game and it appears to
offer features much like the Festool track saw and the Festool MFT table
for cutting.

Yes, I "saw" that. The price tag didn't look all that great,
considering the amount of plastic on the thing.

Well I was going to argue the point. LOL. I paid $387.00 for my
Festool TS-75 track saw in 2009. I had to look it up.

But today TS-75 costs $660. and the MDT/3 table that will guide angle
cuts is $720. The Kreg set up is $899. with extra's like the dolly like
set up. The Festool set up is about 50% more expensive.

If I were a hobbyist I'd probably give the Kreg set up a close look.

Plastic is not so bad. My Festool drill is mostly some kind of plastic
and it had hit the concrete floor more times than I would like to admit.
As have all of my Festool sanders, 3 of them, and they are all
plastic. I would be more afraid of metal being damaged than plastic. I
make double sure that my Domino does not get dropped.