Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank[_28_] Frank[_28_] is offline

Default Acid for drain cleaning?

On 2/3/2019 11:37 AM, Rod Speed wrote:

"Frank" "frank wrote in message
On 2/3/2019 9:26 AM, Meanie wrote:
On 2/2/2019 5:16 PM, wrote:
Hi yall my brother poured sulfuric acid down the drain the house
smells like crap and I woke up this morning and the walls are
stained ? Is this normal

Most likely caused an exothermic reaction which produced and released
gases that stuck to the walls. The fact you can smell it confirms the
release of the gases.

That's correct.Â* Concentrated sulfuric acid has a very high heat of
dilution and exothermic reaction might have spewed gasses out of the
drain if too much was dumped in.

But it doesnt produce gasses that stick to the walls.

The original is clearly a pathetic excuse for a troll.

You are probably right. It would take a very exothermic reaction and
spewing out junk.

I responded in part because I worked in the lab and used sulfuric acid
extensively. Never saw any discolored walls but saw a lot of clothing
destroyed by it.