Posted to uk.d-i-y
Terry Casey Terry Casey is offline

Default Best self-assembly electronics kits for beginners?

In article ,
says...

Brian Gaff submitted this idea :
I did also build many moons back a kit for a stereo decoder for fm, that
you could fit to almost any portable tuner by simply removing one capacitor.
It was actually very good. A swine to align since it used aphase locked loop
but fun nonetheless.

I thought that was one of Sinclair's (of Cambridge) kits?

I haven't looked at this site for a few years now but I'm
pleased to see that it is still alive and kicking:

http://www.sm0vpo.com/

The American Radio History site is a goldmine that contains
thousands of magazines with a lot of constructional projects
in them including PW, PE, PT, RC & WW from the UK as well as
Elektor and the Maplin publications already mentioned.

https://www.americanradiohistory.com/

Just follow the links at the top.

Bookshelf & International/United Kingdom will take you to all
those I mentioned above.

--

Terry

---