Posted to uk.d-i-y
Roger Hayter[_2_] Roger Hayter[_2_] is offline

Default Surge protection

Nick Odell wrote:

On 03/02/2019 10:59, Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp wrote:

The CE mark has become a "CCCe" mark.

"Chinese Copied Ce" perhaps ?

I think you might be confusing the CE mark with the CE mark where the
former is a confirmation of European conformity and the other means
Chinese Export. Wikipedia has an article on the difference between the
two: I believe there is something like a one pixel alteration between
the symbols so technically they are different.

Nick

I think that is an urban myth. Tne CE mark from China is still a claim
to meet EU standards, whatever the font. If a lot of firms use it
dishonestly it loses all value, but the context of use is such that
conformity to EU standards is being claimed even if the graphic
implementation is sloppy. And they use it because the CE mark is
compulsory and can easily be checked, while actual compliance checking
is harder.
--

Roger Hayter