RB

Default Shower too far from Water Heater; should I install an autocircpump or point of use?

Install a thermosiphon. No moving parts and easy to do.

RB

CactusPatch wrote:
Hi,
I am doing an extensive remodel. The main shower is at least 60 feet from
the 40 gal.(electric) water heater. I would like to have hot water
available without waiting or using up too much water. I could install a 30
gal heater near the bathroom and replumb the two lavatories and shower. I
also thought about using a point of use (elec) type heater to boost the
water temp until the water from the tank caught up. Has anyone used one of
these?
I have considered the AutoCirc pump that recirculates the hot water into the
cold water line. I don't know if I like putting the water from the HW tank
into the cold water line. Our water has a lot of minerals in it. Has anyone
used this? It claims to save money but I do not see how it would save
electricity. I figured it would save about $2.50 per month in water.
I am reluctant to install another water heater since this might also cost
quite a lot more per year in Electricity. (Gas is not available).
Any suggestions?
Thanks.