Posted to rec.woodworking
-MIKE- -MIKE- is offline

Default PC 7529- Anyone still using one?

On 2/2/19 9:48 AM, Brewster wrote:
On 1/27/19 9:25 AM, -MIKE- wrote:
On 1/27/19 10:09 AM, Brewster wrote:
On 1/26/19 10:21 PM, -MIKE- wrote:

Yeah, a bit of a small audience.
But to anyone who's had this problem, there's plenty of interest.

Great vid Mike, mucho Garcias!
-BR

Just curious, do you have one of these routers with this problem?

I have that router but never had the issue. I am certainly aware of the
problem as I have read about it in several places. I can fix most
anything mechanical/electrical but I don't enjoy fixing things that are
design defects and I have read (like you) that the "fix" is basically
replacing the speed control ($$$).

Due to all the warnings, I have always babied the controls to push the
eventual death event down the road. Having a fix in hand before this
happens is very handy.

-BR

Once more, just out of curiosity...
Is yours a Type 1, 2, or 3?
It should say the type on the back label near the serial number.
Not anyone probably cares anymore, but I'm trying to determine if this
particular problem is unique to the model 1.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--