Joseph Meehan

Default How to figure out if Ineed to upgrade my electrical panel

Ignoramus25700 wrote:
In article , Joseph Meehan
wrote:
Ignoramus25700 wrote:
Ihave a 200 amp electrical panel. I am thinking about upgrading my
hot tub/spa, by replacing the old guts of it with a new control
center and new heater, pump, etc etc. The only thing that will
remain is shell and plumbing.

My current equipment is 110v based and I want to put in 220v
equipment. Obviously it will run higher amps due to the much more
powerful heater.

It can have a 50% increase in capacity and will only need 75% of
the current equipment.

I am sorry, I do not understand what you are saying.

If you use 50 amps at 110V and the new system is 50% higher demand (75
amps at 110V) and you switch to 220V that 75 amps drops to 37.5 amps.

37.5 amps at 220v = 8250 watts
75.0 amps at 110v = 8250 watts.

--
Joseph E. Meehan